Rantings of a personal blogger
If you are a blogger already, you might reflect on whatever that I state here. In case you are not one, I hope that this can help you discover the hidden blogger that lies within you. Also it might just make you feel otherwise, that you are better at reading them only. Whatever it may be knowing that you were meant to be blogging is not really a conundrum at all but a rather simple choice for anyone 🙂
It has been quiet some months now since I started my blogging journey. Little did I know That I was embarking on a one way journey that I could not turn back from. Yes we all have our own pace of walking but we all are here because we want to be here and are contributing to the blogosphere in whatever little way that we can. My humble blogging journey started so that I and my sister could admire each other’s writing skills and also purging my emotions on the keyboards is easier than babbling with your cute yet clueless newborn. Whatever might be the reason for us to be here. What remains constant is that I believe today I was meant to be here. I hope and believe the same for you.
Further on hindsight if I was to ponder over a few things that might be the reason why I am here, these could be the reason. Or to put it in another way -how to know that you were born to be a blogger also if your current lifestyle can support blogging . I am sure some of your views might differ and of course your story matters too and you can let me know in the comments. Meanwhile you can take a look at the following.
- YOU DON’T LIVE IN A CROWD what this implies is that you have plenty of ME time. Blogging is about venting from your heart and mind on your keyboards, if there is too much in your way of doing that you probably do not have the time or opportunity to do so.
- ENJOY WRITING-To be honest it should be love for writing. Next how to find out if you enjoy writing. Find a quiet place, sit down, write. This probably is the best way to know if you would rather be writing something down or bungee jumping or being a tiger trainer.
- GOOD COMMAND OVER THE LANGUAGE Does this matter so much? Read the following
‘She truly are my best friend but then everybody are my best friend because I are so sweet.’
‘I love to sleep late but my children jump upon me to choke me to death and I jump up from sleep’
However I would say personally there are times when even though I am almost wincing while reading misspelled words and haywire prepositions ,the basic essence of the blog is so beautiful and enjoyable that certain errors go ignored. So in my book there are always exceptions to the rule.
- YOU ARE THE PROVERBIAL AUNTY AGONY All your friends claim that you have the best advise on relationship, stress and everything else under the sun and they are often flocking around you for want of that free advice they would rather not pay the Councillor for. You have that life saving property, well most times!
- YOU LOVE TO TELL YOUR STORY
“When I was 16 years I was a simple little girl who never troubled my parents for anything. I never asked for a Gucci handbag or a Mac Mascara. I always was content with whatever Wholesale cosmetics I got from my neighborhood market. I never even a shed a single tear over such frivolous things. I was that kind of angel and I was.. ”
You have so much to tell that you are probably talking so much that you drown out all the voices around you. Also at times they seem to go on so long that at time when you have finished one of those story sessions you are the only one listening. Sad.
- FACEBOOK GROWN AUTHOR Are you that person who is usually writing those seriously long posts on Facebook which most people are vary of reading as they have to drop down the page. It could be any situation in the world you are just sitting at the keyboards all guns blazing. The blogging world could be just the thing for you.
- YOU ARE RATHER OPINIONATED Well you have the most opinions on everything that your life touches, that T.V show, that space expedition , that conspiracy theory and hey everything that you ever heard of. Well the only problem? No one asks for it. What the heck lets make use of a blog forum and post it under ‘My Rantings.’ Done.
- YOU ARE A FULL TIME JOBLESS Pardon my rudeness, all I am trying to say is that Blogging like any other profession in the world needs your time and dedication. If you do not have this expensive commodity even a wee bit. Take out the time to read them. Well at least you have the time to breathe. Also this becomes null and void if this is where your heart lies . We always find time for the things we love, or something like that.
- YOU HAVE A CREATIVE STREAK Well lets face it not everyone in this world was meant to work at Monotony Inc. from 9 to 5. Some of us want to just write poems or bake a cake or do a painting and well, just talk about it. Well and then some go on to become blogging entrepreneurs. Well whatever seems to work for you.
- YOU ARE WAY TOO INTELLIGENT It might be the case that you suffer from a case of mediocre intelligence. I agree they come in all kinds of shapes sizes and professions. Ever heard of an uneducated teacher. I did. They have the degree but its you who got most of the correct information and knowledge regarding diet, health , money and even politics. You are just blessed with that Logical bent of mind. You got to make use of it somewhere.
- LOVE FOR READING Well you do not become the above either unless you read whatever comes your way. Remember “Reading can seriously damage your ignorance.”
- YOU ARE TOO OBSERVANT-The more you observe, more you learn and the more you have to write.
- LOVE FOR PIZZA Well eating Pizza can help your blogging skills seriously…Well what the heck? Of course eating pizzas does not help a wee bit. Just kidding! 😀
P.S-This blog aims to be tongue in cheek and any offence caused is purely unintentional.